Stuyk

Open Source Resources

Not a ton of them exist. I want to try and change that. Leave some comments about what you would like to see as far as framework. Nothing CEF related because I feel that is unnecessary.

• Like 1

CEF is much necessary and useful IMHO, it's not shit-mp (gtmp) where you have to be afraid of using it lol, your FPS is not going to drop. 

About open source resources I fully agree, specially on gamemode bases, rage has few servers yet cause there isn't a complete gamemode released to play on unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, n0minal said:

CEF is much necessary and useful IMHO, it's not shit-mp (gtmp) where you have to be afraid of using it lol, your FPS is not going to drop. 

About open source resources I fully agree, specially on gamemode bases, rage has few servers yet cause there isn't a complete gamemode released to play on unfortunately. 

So, you could argue that the lack of adoption of this modification is the lack of gamemodes?

• Like 1
  • Mask 1

2 minutes ago, Stuyk said:

So, you could argue that the lack of adoption of this modification is the lack of gamemodes?

I'm pretty sure about it, the community should be better divulged too, the documentation should also be easier, rage's wiki is pretty in complete tbh, that are the reasons I see

• Like 2

Just now, n0minal said:

I'm pretty sure about it, the community should be better divulged too, the documentation should also be easier, rage's wiki is pretty in complete tbh, that are the reasons I see

I can understand this. Trying to start programming with the current API is difficult for anyone who is unfamiliar with programming. There are a lot of concepts that aren't easy to grasp.

I will see what I can do to start contributing to the Wiki as well as using my personal website to push out Tutorials.

I am excited to see the completion of the C# Server and Clientside scripts as the programming language is a little easier to grasp than Javascript. Simply because it is very structured with specific types of variables that helps programmers figure out what belongs where.

If you have some ideas for basic gamemodes  I could establish them. I've currently written an open source registration platform through commands.

There is a lot of Roleplay servers but a lack of actual game modes.

Obvious potential gamemodes we can create:

- Prop Hunt

- Minimalistic Battle Royale (5 Minute Rounds, Random Pickups, Small Areas of the Map)

- Player Created / Synced Missions with Framework

- Gambling Systems

- Team Battle Scenarios (Battlefield-esque)

- Basic Cops and Robbers ( Arrest criminals ask questions later. Fuck customization. Just use skins. )

Obvious plugins that don't exist:

- Easy to use Database Linking (I'm setting up a LiteDB version of this.)

- Menu Frameworks

- Monetary Systems

- Anything Gambling

The list goes on really. I just feel the community needs to express their wants BESIDES roleplay.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stuyk said:

I am excited to see the completion of the C# Server and Clientside scripts as the programming language is a little easier to grasp than Javascript. Simply because it is very structured with specific types of variables that helps programmers figure out what belongs where.

I actually found Javascript easier than C#, even setting up JS seems a whole lot easier than C# for RageMP. That's my preference though of course and so would everyone elses.

If you have some ideas for basic gamemodes  I could establish them. I've currently written an open source registration platform through commands.

There is a lot of Roleplay servers but a lack of actual game modes.

Obvious potential gamemodes we can create:

- Prop Hunt

- Minimalistic Battle Royale (5 Minute Rounds, Random Pickups, Small Areas of the Map)

- Player Created / Synced Missions with Framework

- Gambling Systems

- Team Battle Scenarios (Battlefield-esque)

- Basic Cops and Robbers ( Arrest criminals ask questions later. Fuck customization. Just use skins. )

I'd say if you wanted to make some basic gamemodes, either Freeroam, team deathmatch or a basic CnR (Simple teams, arresting, and robbing and any other basic features). We definitely don't need anymore RP gamemodes for sure seeing as there's two being made publicly around here already.

Like said above I can agree lack of resources is why RageMP has slowly been adopted, people are a bit lazy these days and not everyone is a developer, but they'd love to have communities built around GTA V. I believe as more public resources are released, RageMP's popularity will go up with it as more communities will just use these gamemodes for their communities. Can't wait to see what you bring out.

4 minutes ago, MrPancakers said:

I actually found Javascript easier than C#, even setting up JS seems a whole lot easier than C# for RageMP. That's my preference though of course and so would everyone elses.

I'd say if you wanted to make some basic gamemodes, either Freeroam, team deathmatch or a basic CnR (Simple teams, arresting, and robbing and any other basic features). We definitely don't need anymore RP gamemodes for sure seeing as there's two being made publicly around here already.

Like said above I can agree lack of resources is why RageMP has slowly been adopted, people are a bit lazy these days and not everyone is a developer, but they'd love to have communities built around GTA V. I believe as more public resources are released, RageMP's popularity will go up with it as more communities will just use these gamemodes for their communities. Can't wait to see what you bring out.

If you have any interesting ideas throw them my way. Doesn't matter how silly they are. It's always good to brainstorm and share what you're thinking in these phases. I'm just trying to express what I think this entire community needs other than a stable plugin.

Edited by Stuyk

Im enjoying this discussion, so lets take SAMP's popularity as an example. 

Basically SAMP has the popularity it has nowadays at the beginning simply because of Godfather RP, it was a pretty complete base, easy to setup and edit and has been translated and spreaded to every side of the world. Then people who had no knowledge about programming at all had a first contact with Pawn language and started editing and modifying their GF copies.

At that time, you hadnt to setup anything to run Your GF server, you didnt need a MYSQL database or any other non-user-friendly plugins to run your server, it was just click and go. It helped a lot of people, they created their communities, their projects, those projects brought people's attention to Samp, and they met other fun servers it had, and then it became popular. 

In rage it wouldnt be different, in my opinion if community starts to contribute with resources, if the Staff organizes themselves to keep the wiki complete and full of examples (it's a thing I talked about plenty times on discord but George didn't listen to me about create a wiki team and stablish goals for them), if the community helps the staff on this Journey, I'm sure people will start getting interested in open their own servers, by the way, the more servers online the most players join, people usually gets pissed of a server, decide to create their own server and then brings new people to join, that's all about choices and cycles.

Another thing I saw in samp that brought plenty new server developers was the amount of well explained tutorials it had, the content-sharing was also really awesome and the community helped each other a lot too. 

Edited by n0minal
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Stuyk said:

Just gotta dedicate some funding from donations to the wiki project team. :)

I dont even think money is needed tho, I'd be happy to do it for free, pretty sure many people would too.