Stuyk

Shared Character Appearance for all servers?

I'm curious if any other developers out there would be interested in using Blockchain technology to store character data for accounts and allow a simple way to parse character appearance data and share it among all participating servers.

The basic idea is that:

• All users use Scatter and have an EOS Account
  • The EOS Account is used to create, and edit uploaded character data.
  • Identification inside of Scatter such as the user's First and Last or username could be create unique character appearances?

Why though?

The one thing that GTA:Online will always have over any other server is the ability to have a specific character and it is globally seen no matter what you're doing.

So how do we one up GTA:Online?

We create a method to share ALL character data between ALL SERVERS even if they're not sharing all of the same code but at least some of it.

What could the future of Rage look like?

A series of decentralized smart contracts implemented into the EOS Ecosystem that allow users to upload character appearance data and potentially create a unique way to manage and track all characters that are shared among all servers.

Hit me up if you want to work on this project. I will write the smart contract I just need someone to handle the UX and Data Handling

Edited by Stuyk

Just had some thoughts about this whole idea

Won't this require money to be spent over time? Even if it is just minimal (less than a cent maybe? I haven't looked into EOS), how many would actually go through the process of getting EOS and setting up wallets just to have synced character data

Wouldn't this allow users to quickly get their own server setup, make a command to update their character clothing info that may be locked out on one server or required to be purchased, and then when it's updated they can just go back onto that server and now they just bypassed purchasing those clothes in that server?

IMO, the idea is cool but the whole setup wouldn't appeal to users that just want to get in and start playing. Also for those not into crypto they may not understand the process of setting up their scatter wallet etc.

It's interesting to see crypto being used within Rage though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrPancakers said:

Just had some thoughts about this whole idea

Won't this require money to be spent over time? Even if it is just minimal (less than a cent maybe? I haven't looked into EOS), how many would actually go through the process of getting EOS and setting up wallets just to have synced character data

Wouldn't this allow users to quickly get their own server setup, make a command to update their character clothing info that may be locked out on one server or required to be purchased, and then when it's updated they can just go back onto that server and now they just bypassed purchasing those clothes in that server?

IMO, the idea is cool but the whole setup wouldn't appeal to users that just want to get in and start playing. Also for those not into crypto they may not understand the process of setting up their scatter wallet etc.

It's interesting to see crypto being used within Rage though.

I guess if you're trying to monetize clothing on the server you can pull only specific data. I was thinking strictly appearance data.