KanZik

How much does a developer usually take for making, a fully working rp server?

It depends on the features you want in the gamemode and the time dedicated, but consider to measure the time in months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xabi said:

It depends on the features you want in the gamemode and the time dedicated, but consider to measure the time in months.

Exactly. You also have to take into account the skill of the developer and what they consider to be their personal rate. Not many people will spend months writing a game mode for you if they get nothing out of it.

2 hours ago, randzhamiya said:

At least three years of development in this area

definitely not years, if you have a dedicated developer it will only take months even for just one developer working on it daily. It'll only take years if you can't get anyone to work frequently on the script.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, randzhamiya said:

At least three years of development in this area

In three years, given you're good with tech, you could probably learn to code and write your own game script from scratch. JS/C# are beginner friendly (one more than the other I'd say). For an experienced developer, writing an RP script is not a challenging task and can take months depending on how much work actually gets put in.

Edited by Section80

Posted (edited)
10 часов назад, Section80 сказал:

In three years, given you're good with tech, you could probably learn to code and write your own game script from scratch. JS/C# are beginner friendly (one more than the other I'd say). For an experienced developer, writing an RP script is not a challenging task and can take months depending on how much work actually gets put in.

14 часа назад, MrPancakers сказал:

definitely not years, if you have a dedicated developer it will only take months even for just one developer working on it daily. It'll only take years if you can't get anyone to work frequently on the script.

You will understand the basics in one month. But you will need development experience to understand everything.

Edited by randzhamiya

On 7/31/2020 at 2:03 PM, randzhamiya said:

You will understand the basics in one month. But you will need development experience to understand everything.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "understand everything"

It really doesn't take all that long to learn to make scripts for RageMP servers, especially if you already know basic programming in generally any modern language. Its really just a matter of using google to search the RageMP wiki to learn how to make events and commands, learn to separate client and server code, etc. A comprehensive list of client functions can be found there, and if you can't find what you're looking for there's always nbase

I just don't see what would take three years in this process, even writing an RP script.

2 часа назад, Section80 сказал:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "understand everything"

It really doesn't take all that long to learn to make scripts for RageMP servers, especially if you already know basic programming in generally any modern language. Its really just a matter of using google to search the RageMP wiki to learn how to make events and commands, learn to separate client and server code, etc. A comprehensive list of client functions can be found there, and if you can't find what you're looking for there's always nbase

I just don't see what would take three years in this process, even writing an RP script.

everything is relative. Everyone has a different level of basic knowledge.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:48 PM, KanZik said:

So far by my roadmap it's 3 months for "all included" gameplay part you usually see on average server.

But I would say RAGE has potential to generate new content for years of development due to how juicy API is.

Edited by demellion