Sign in to follow this  
MrPancakers

Base MySQL Gamemode [Login/Registration System]

Github Link

I created a basic MySQL Login/Registration script which can register new accounts and login to ones already created. Passwords are encrypted using BCrypt so they're not plain text. As of now the database only stores a username and a password, and when you login nothing is loaded onto your character as I'm not sure what should be loaded/saved apart from a name/money. This means that when you quit the server nothing is currently saved so you'd have to set this up (or wait for an update).

Any suggestions/feedback are appreciated, trying to build on my Javascript skills through this project.

Edited by MrPancakers
  • Like 5

Well, no matter what the intentions are for this, it's great to have smaller resource to display things such as working with MySQL connections.

10 hours ago, Joshua said:

Well, no matter what the intentions are for this, it's great to have smaller resource to display things such as working with MySQL connections.

Yeah the plan was to just have it only released on Github and once tested a little it'll be put into the Rage resources tab, just wanted to be sure I actually had everything packed into it that are required and others are able to actually get it to work.

• Like 1

Updated the script, there are still some issues that don't make this 100% great(check Github Issues for those) but loading/saving functionality is in now and a test money command is implemented to show how to update a value.

Updates:

• Data now saves upon quitting the server
  • Player position added to the DB (Your position now saves/loads upon logging in/registering)
  • Added minimum requirements for username/password(Which means fixed the issue of being able to register without one)
  • Your username upon registering should now apply
  • Added a check to see if an account is currently logged into (This hasn't been tested with another player).