jessica-girl

error start rage mp help

7 hours ago, TH3RM4L said:

They just banned pirated GTA Vs. Poor decision tbh, they already have bigger competition and now they negate a large portion of their players. Not everyone can afford to pay 60 God damn dollars for a game. Personally, I was only using it to chill with my friends on my private server, I don't see how that negatively impacted anyone. But whatever, the fact that people were enjoying their client on pirated GTA Vs apparently stung their asses so much that they had to ban them.

They've always been banned what are you talking about lol. RageMP's discord specifically even says no discussions about cracked/illegal copies and any threads asking for them here were always closed because they were disallowed. He added that in because of so many people would continue coming to the discord asking for assistance when it's always related to the fact they have a pirated game. If they publicly allow cracks you're saying you're okay with TakeTwo wanting to come along and possibly shut down the project considering their past with shutting down other GTA V Multiplayer mods. George is protecting the mod more than he'd protect letting pirated versions play which I think is great, I enjoy this mod and I don't want it seeing go away because we allow pirated copies.

The game isn't $60, I've seen it for $20 in a lot of stores.

5 hours ago, MrPancakers said:

They've always been banned what are you talking about lol. RageMP's discord specifically even says no discussions about cracked/illegal copies and any threads asking for them here were always closed because they were disallowed. He added that in because of so many people would continue coming to the discord asking for assistance when it's always related to the fact they have a pirated game. If they publicly allow cracks you're saying you're okay with TakeTwo wanting to come along and possibly shut down the project considering their past with shutting down other GTA V Multiplayer mods. George is protecting the mod more than he'd protect letting pirated versions play which I think is great, I enjoy this mod and I don't want it seeing go away because we allow pirated copies.

The game isn't $60, I've seen it for $20 in a lot of stores.

Uh-uh. I've been playing RAGEMP on a pirated GTA V since ever, but the last update made it impossible. They've been allowing it until now.

Also, who is TakeTwo? How can they have the power to shut down a project like this?

Edited by TH3RM4L

38 minutes ago, TH3RM4L said:

Uh-uh. I've been playing RAGEMP on a pirated GTA V since ever, but the last update made it impossible. They've been allowing it until now.

Also, who is TakeTwo? How can they have the power to shut down a project like this?

Google for more info about TakeTwo, but as a summary, it's the developer enterprise of GTAV.

1 hour ago, TH3RM4L said:

Just because you've been playing on rage, doesn't mean it wasn't banned, there were just no checks in place until now.Like  Xabi said look into them, TakeTwo owns Rockstar Games, therefore they have the power to make decisions for them. For a brief overview, TakeTwo shutdown OpenIV for example for a little bit before they took back that decision. There also used to be a mod called GTA:MP which was shut down by them as well. Hence why communities are cautious and disallowing pirated copies so they have no reason to go after such mods.

Yeah.. I'm going to go ahead and close this thread, the policy is extremely clear, RAGE Multiplayer does not and will not support cracked copies of Grand Theft Auto V.