Sign in to follow this  
Mikee

Forums Suggestions

There are some suggestion relating to forums that I want to purpose:

• 1: Staff members name (color): I think that who is part of the Staff Team should have the name of a different color. Actually it would be nice even to have just one usergroup called "Staff Members" but with a different color (something like red or green, I don't know), but the difference between a staff member and a simple user should be more. Actually (to me) it is difficult to read even the Staff tag under the profile due to its light color.
  • 2: Support sections actually are simple sections where people can create threads: my suggestion is to edit those sections in order to make people create questions and give users the possibility to rate other users' answers to the questions. This is a cool feature that we can exploit.
  • 3: It should be created a section called "Archive" in support sections in order to move problems that have been solved yet. It will make everything look more organized.
  • 4 (by Phrenetiick): Make the forum's logo redirect to /forum instead of RageMP's homepage.
Edited by Mikee

• 1: Staff members name (color): I think that who is part of the Staff Team should have the name of a different color. Actually it would be nice even to have just one usergroup called "Staff Members" but with a different color (something like red or green, I don't know), but the difference between a staff member and a simple user should be more. Actually (to me) it is difficult to read even the Staff tag under the profile due to its light color.

Staff Members already have a different color which is green, and both George and Adam have red as they are forum administrators. The color does not showcase in threads but if you look at the user ledger at the bottom of the forums you'll notice it.

• 2: Support sections actually are simple sections where people can create threads: my suggestion is to edit those sections in order to make people create questions and give users the possibility to rate other users' answers to the questions. This is a cool feature that we can exploit.

We used to actually have a section doing exactly what is suggested but was deprecated due to absolutely no usage.

• 3: It should be created a section called "Archive" in support sections in order to move problems that have been solved yet. It will make everything look more organized.

This is something that I have requested a little bit ago and will be put in place at some point by George, but it could be argued that having these listed in a section may make them "more searchable".

• Like 3

Since I find it useless to make a new thread just for this I'm going to write that here: make the forum's logo redirect to /forum instead of ragemp's homepage

4 hours ago, Phrenetiick said:

Since I find it useless to make a new thread just for this I'm going to write that here: make the forum's logo redirect to /forum instead of ragemp's homepage

I am going to add your suggestion into the main thread.