Sign in to follow this  
Morelli

Planing on joing

Hi there I'm planing to join RAGE:MP so for start I have few questions to ask.

( It's regarding both Client and Server so I post here )

Hello there, I come from SA:MP www.sa-mp.com (GTA San Andreas Multiplayer) actually I own server that is in top 5 on Balkan (Montenegro, Serbia, BiH, Croatia) server has 200-300 players online.  Record: 801 players online at the moment. Server exists 4 years and 4 months!

I'm interested in trying with GTA V - RAGE:MP but I need few info from you.

image.png.7dd75b0b81f7b09bba5123a569382671.png

I saw this. I understand that u don't condone but is it possible? And if it is legit version by that you mean Steam, Social Club etc?

2. Where can I see possibilities of RAGE:MP?

3. Is there Map Editor for it? Is it able to change mods (as server owner)

4. Maximum number of player slots || Maximum number of spawned vehicle on server and Objects?

5. Is there any finished gamemodes that is bug free (mysql) I sow Download section but there is only 2. 

6. About your Anti Cheat I read something is there possibilities of abusing it?

7. And do you have any advice for me as future server owner what to do first? 

I force RPG style of gaming. Mine definition of it is. That players are able to work as in real life + more like gangs, organizations, buying cars etc. 

8. I use linux for samp does rage:mp support it?

9. Is it possible for locking server ( disable connection without password)

I assume that these questions maybe stupid but I ain't directed in GTA V so much as I said I'm from SA:MP that is tbh old and boring. The developer isn't doing anything for 2 years now except promises.

In the end for now I thank you all for answers in advance.

Edited by Morelli
Adding reason why post here :)

8 hours ago, Morelli said:

image.png.7dd75b0b81f7b09bba5123a569382671.png

I saw this. I understand that u don't condone but is it possible? And if it is legit version by that you mean Steam, Social Club etc?

No it'll never be possibe to use a pirated version, we don't want to get shut down, plus personally it's a pain in the ass to troubleshoot pirated issues as they get different issues compared to normal versions. Correct, Steam or Social club work fine, if you can purchase it and redeem it on Steam or inside Rockstar, then it works.

2. Where can I see possibilities of RAGE:MP?

You can join Discord and look through the media section, you can look through our announcement threads, or you can probably lookup videos on youtube.

3. Is there Map Editor for it? Is it able to change mods (as server owner)

Built into RageMP? No, but there's a resource someone made if you want to run a server with a map editor, otherwise you'd just go into singleplayer and do that yourself.

4. Maximum number of player slots || Maximum number of spawned vehicle on server and Objects?

I don't think there's a maximum number of slots, it's just however many your server can handle, and players don't take up much resources. Same with max vehicles or objects, but there is a maximum amount of how many vehicles can be spawned within the stream range. The limit I believe is 128 so if there's more than 128 vehicles in your view, some will start to disappear, this is a GTA V thing and nothing to do with the mod.

5. Is there any finished gamemodes that is bug free (mysql) I sow Download section but there is only 2. 

I don't think there are any 'finished and ready to go' gamemodes, they take a long time to make so you could imagine how many hours someone has to put in to make one completely working. I'm sure there are some that are nearly complete though.

6. About your Anti Cheat I read something is there possibilities of abusing it?

Not sure what you mean by this.

And do you have any advice for me as future server owner what to do first? 

That's more up to you, there's nothing RageMP can tell you what to do for your own community. I'm not sure what advice you might want.

8. I use linux for samp does rage:mp support it?

Yes we have Linux server files, if you're using the bridge though (C# code) you'll probably run into some issues running it on Linux at the moment, this could improve going into the future but keep that in mind for now if you're going to be testing using C# code.

9. Is it possible for locking server ( disable connection without password)

No not right now, just don't announce it on the master list and nobody will join. Otherwise make a quick whitelist script or make a quick login panel with no registration on it.

Edited by MrPancakers
  • Like 2

Thank you on your time to answer my questions. By Anti Cheat I wanted to know is there any way to use cheats or you scan processes on computer?