Votssy

Rage MP won't start the game properly.

Posted (edited)

Launching the game trough steam works just fine.
Starting the game trough RageMP just pops up the social club it loads in and then absolutly nothing, GTA appears as a process in task menager but it takes next to no resources(hinting to it not being open) and I cannot open it trough anywhere.

I have tried: Restarting computer, ending gta and launching again, reinstalled rage mp (multyple times), ran both steam and RageMP as administrator, waiting a day out to see if it magically fixes itself, check my firewall and anti virus.

Edited by Votssy

Posted (edited)

Surprisingly enough, I am having the exact same problem. I have tried reinstalling, disabling adapters, literally anything I can attempt to do. This started for me yesterday (May 7th) in the night-time. I logged off and attempted to log back in an hour or so later, and nothing. I even installed GTA and Rage on a separate user to see if it was just my user. I currently have no anti-virus and even have windows defender disabled. Everything was working fine until I logged off, since then, nothing has worked. 

Heres a small video for some reference of whats happening: 

Forgot to note: GTA V SP and MP both work, just not RageMP.

Edited by Pillsbury
  • Mask 1
  • Sad 1

I ended up reinstalling again for the fun of it and it ended up working. No clue how it fixed however.

3 hours ago, Votssy said:

@Pillsbury The game? Same drive? Different drive? Do you have an SSD?

Ill run you through exactly what I did:

Uninstalled GTA V and RageMP (made sure to delete RAGE in my hard-drive and also made sure to delete the GTA V Folder after the uninstall)

From there, I installed GTA V, once it was finished downloading I played single player for five minutes, and then online for about five minutes. I closed out of GTA V, did a fresh RageMP install, and bam it worked 🤷‍♂️

Alrighty will try that and write an update on if it fixed it for me too so eveyone else who has that problem figures it out faster hopefully 

UPDATE:

Reinstalling the game playing a bit of singleplayer and then multiplayer did not work, BUT I did not delete the folders of the game after I uninstalled it neither did I reinstall rage again so the problem might be with some files that remain even after uninstalling the game.

I will look into that and write another update.

Would love to get a reply from the staff to help me out on this.

UPDATE:

Found the issue, it was some leftover ReShade files, ReShade was uninstalled but had some files that were still in there messing with the game, deleting those files made it work for me!

Hope anyone who has the same issue can refer to this post and fix his issue!|

I have a bigger problem, the game opens me up to where it loads "Multiplayer started" and it locks