Sign in to follow this  
Mayo93

Event when player start downloading client scripts

Hi guys.

I have a question about event maybe its exists, when player connect to server and downloading resources, some function will be start like a freeze screen and display a text or image "Just wait a moment" or something stuff like this. And when he's download finally files, he's reconnect to server and spawn on the map ?

1 hour ago, Mayo93 said:

Hi guys.

I have a question about event maybe its exists, when player connect to server and downloading resources, some function will be start like a freeze screen and display a text or image "Just wait a moment" or something stuff like this. And when he's download finally files, he's reconnect to server and spawn on the map ?

To do that you need a code on your player client to run to achieve that. As the player didnt downloaded any resource, it's impossible. 

but when I join to game, like a my first join. Client packages with dlcpacks (vice city textures since 250mb) start downloading and when I download them.  Client is restarting and I connect to server but I spawn in water. After when I turn off the game and turn on, textures are loaded and all is fine. So how to fix this?

This is currently a known issue. Developers have announced a better way of downloading client packages, so fingers crossed

• Like 1