RAGE Multiplayer Community

Visual Studio 2017 or 2019

Hi guys, thanks for coming to check out my thread. So I have a few questions, I am new to RageMP scipting also scripting in general (I've tried many times) I came from SA:MP and Visual Studio Code was a thing for it, now I came to RageMP community and many scripters seem to be using Visual Studio more, so is it mandatory to use Visual Studio for scripting for RageMP, does it make any differences, and what version should I use (2017, 2018, 2019) 

As @mDenis16 said, vscode it would be easier for a begginer and has the extensions to provide a friendly environment for developing, especially for client-side (js and js frameworks).

But if you choose to work with C# as your backend language, I suggest you to become familiar with VS since this is the main IDE for developing in it. It was designed to make sure you can get the best environment when developing with C#.

Coming back to your topic, I suggest you to use the latest IDE for VS (Visual Studio 2019). They made some performance improvements and added some new options that may help. It is by default understood that beeing a new version of vs, it will be better and much improved compared to other vs versions. 

So, beeing a good way for you to learn and improve, I think you should work on your front-end side with VS Code, and back-end with VS 2019 (just in case you are using C#). 

PS: You can work both frontend and backend in either vs code or vs 2019.

On 10/4/2020 at 4:01 PM, DFR said:

As @mDenis16 said, vscode it would be easier for a begginer and has the extensions to provide a friendly environment for developing, especially for client-side (js and js frameworks).

But if you choose to work with C# as your backend language, I suggest you to become familiar with VS since this is the main IDE for developing in it. It was designed to make sure you can get the best environment when developing with C#.

Coming back to your topic, I suggest you to use the latest IDE for VS (Visual Studio 2019). They made some performance improvements and added some new options that may help. It is by default understood that beeing a new version of vs, it will be better and much improved compared to other vs versions. 

So, beeing a good way for you to learn and improve, I think you should work on your front-end side with VS Code, and back-end with VS 2019 (just in case you are using C#). 

PS: You can work both frontend and backend in either vs code or vs 2019.

On 10/2/2020 at 8:31 PM, mDenis16 said:

You can use VSCODE on RAGEMP too.

But il will be easier for a begginer to use an ide.

Thank you for replying guys. You guys have discord?