Sign in to follow this  
Console

add .lua to RAGE MP

1 час назад, Captien сказал:

Well Kemperr if it's the last language on your list, what about you donate your Lua Plugin, so you can at least provide a open sourced project to be improved by other people that are willing to use Lua in their servers. It would be suitable to do that other than hiding that thing in your lost forest. People like me or that guy "Console" could try to improve it further for future use. I suggested that ideas ages ago, but you kept ignoring everytime. At least tell the reason of your hiding.

I'll think about making it open-source

• Like 1

Adding a new plugin by the core Rage development team would be a lot bigger of task especially at this point of time where a lot of work needs to be done, let them focus on the features for NodeJS or C++ only, supporting two languages is itself a challenge which costs them double the amount of time than it would cost for supporting a single language, also it would become too much complicated code base for them to maintain.

You as a server developer always gets the flexibility of creating your libraries and plugin in another language to support various languages, the developers in the community need to contribute themselves to this community rather than just relying on the rage's core development team, only that will help the community grow. Basically the core functionality would still be at JS level, which can be made to run scripts of any language because nodeJS is server sided and it can execute anything which is on your machine, be it any language or be it any software or program, and same goes for other server sides languages , they can interact with nodeJS and C++ as well similarly. So yeah, if someone wants to help the community grow in terms of number of languages to support then they should work on it themselves and release the plugins and libraries for the community by going in the depths.

I also understand that this community is very young, its just a 0.3 version at the moment, and with time I am sure this community will grow a lot bigger, many servers are in development as you can see in advertisements section and I hope lot of innovative servers are on the way.

Again I am not against this suggestion, and I support this suggestion, but I don't want the core team to focus on maintaining support for multiple languages at this point of time, I would like them to focus only on one, this would help them speed up. Support for other languages should be done by us, that's my suggestion.

well i think they should have only focused on .lua as it's one of the main reasons why you are not seeing servers from FiveM coming to RAGE MP as it's my personal experience that alot of people who come from Multi theft auto to FiveM came for .lua support but FiveM has slots problem which gives a chance to RAGE MP to take it's place. but it seems like the devs don't want to get bigger

4TR1x62.png

This is one of the famous FiveM servers that gets 32players all the time and you have to wait for long time to get in and used to have #2 server but stopped because it's hard enough dealing with one. this what i'm saying RAGE MP should make LUA support to make servers decide to come to RAGE MP. because FiveM don't wanna fix their shit even if they did they would go to 63players only, it's your move RAGE MP.

1 hour ago, Console said:

4TR1x62.png

This is one of the famous FiveM servers that gets 32players all the time and you have to wait for long time to get in and used to have #2 server but stopped because it's hard enough dealing with one. this what i'm saying RAGE MP should make LUA support to make servers decide to come to RAGE MP. because FiveM don't wanna fix their shit even if they did they would go to 63players only, it's your move RAGE MP.

"used to have #2 server but stopped because it's hard enough dealing with one"

Same reason why rage won't support lua. Won't happen, get over it.

Just now, anterior said:

"used to have #2 server but stopped because it's hard enough dealing with one"

Same reason why rage won't support lua. Won't happen, get over it.

the reason why it's hard dealing with one is because of staff not because of Lua dude, 

18 minutes ago, Console said:

the reason why it's hard dealing with one is because of staff not because of Lua dude, 

Exactly. like multiple people have already told you. Adding support for yet another language is stupid, especially considering that there are multiple better options out there. Let the Rage team focus on more important things and improve upon it's current base instead of halting the process further.

Dude, sincerely I don't see the need for one more API in this multiplayer mod, we already have two huge languages to go on, JS and C# sounds like more than engough, although, if you think it's something really needed for this multiplayer mod, you can create your own API wrapper like Lucas did with his Rage Kotlin.

• Like 2
  • Mask 1

On 3/23/2018 at 4:29 PM, Console said:

M1mHJok.png

Hey, i think RAGE MP is amazing not only because it has big enough of slots number which is much higher than other MP's like FiveM but one of the reasons why this MP hasn't grown as much as the other one is because it's not as easy to program a server on as i think it really looks like MTA which is a GTA SA multiplayer that has over 22k players but it uses .lua as the main language for it, and i think lua is much easier than other programming languages this why it's used by FiveM and server owners love it and they can make amazing scripts on it, so i hope RAGE MP can start that too to make it go to the next level, and thanks

Yeah , as i was playing another games which is Multi Theft Auto, and i learned LUA , its rlly amazing language i giving postive vote to add lua in RAGE Multiplayer , hope it get added.