manaszon

[C#] Problems with EF Core assemblies [SOLVED]

Hello everyone!
I've got some errors with references to assemblies, but I've managed to solve the most of them except one with Entity Framework Core.

So, the problem is:

CS0234: The type or namespace name 'EntityFrameworkCore' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

I added the Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.dll reference to my resource, and then restarted the server. I got bunch of this error:

The type 'Object' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

If I keep this reference, then I get just these errors, nothing else. So I decided to delete this reference, and add MySql.Data.EntityFrameworkCore.dll and Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Relational.dll. The results are the following:

CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DbContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DbContextOptionsBuilder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DbSet<>' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

CS0012: The type 'DbContextOptionsBuilder' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'.

I don't know what should I do now. I've never used .NET Core, so if anyone could help me a bit, it would be awasome.
Thanks,
manaszon!

Edited by manaszon

There were several problems with my project, but it is solved now thanks to @xForcer.

So, if you have a new project, you will need these packages to use Entity Framework Core:
- Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore
- Microsoft.EntityFrameworkCore.Tools
- Pomelo.EntityFrameworkCore.MySql
- Pomelo.EntityFrameworkCore.MySql.Design

You will have to copy the .dll files into RAGEMP\server-files\bridge\runtime folder and into RAGEMP\server-files\bridge\resources\<your resource> folder too. After that you will have to add migrations, and if everything goes well then you are done.

MS DOCS - Migrations (EF core)

Edited by manaszon
  • Like 1