HaroldoBauer

[Bug][Server] Massive memory leak

Posted (edited)
Environment: Windows SVR

Server: latest version & C++ API

Online players: ~45

Client packages: 166KB

Uptime: Configured to restart after 24 hours of uptime

Description: after 23 hours of uptime the server leaks from 1.1 to 1.2GBs of RAM (>700KB per second) according to the Windows SVR resource monitor. After hours of analyzing a Windows Dump I can affirm the entire leak comes from the rage server and not my project.

Due to the amount of leaks / minute I can only imagine it comes from the player / vehicle syncs since they pulse many times per second.

EDIT: The server leaks 2 bytes / second with 1 player online and no plugins / scripts / client_packages loaded.

Edited by HaroldoBauer

Can any server admin with 10+ players share their RAM usage after a 3+ hours uptime with me? Please include whether its a C# or JS project.

Thanks and sorry for double posting.

It was the C++ SDK and yes I did try disabling nodeJS but the problem continued, maybe less, hard to tell since the player amount decreased over the weeks. I also tried running the server with all callbacks disabled and only checkpoints, area collisions and vehicles spawned but it still leaked a noticeable amount with 2-3 players online. Unfortunately I discontinued the project so I can no longer provide you with more information.

Thanks.