About This File
This resource adds the ability to hood up/down while wearing a hoodie.
- RAGE Multiplayer 1.1 and above
- Put the files you downloaded in their respective places
- Add require('hood-up') to client_packages/index.js
- All done
Press F5 while wearing a hoodie as mp_m_freemode_01 or mp_f_freemode_01.
How it works
This resource uses Rockstar's restriction tags and variant components to identify what the hood up/down drawable would be, meaning you don't need to hardcode any IDs. It also uses restriction tags to check if hooding up causes any clipping while wearing a hat/mask.
Tag(s) used to check if current top is hooded: HOODED_JACKET (top clothing item must not have HOOD_TUCKED tag - causes an issue with parkas)
Tag(s) used to check if current top's hood is down: HOOD_DOWN
Tag(s) used to check if current hat is compatible with hooding up: HOOD_HAT
Tag(s) used to check if current mask is compatible with hooding up: HOOD_COMPAT, REBREATHER, HAZ_MASK, SKI_MASK, GAS_MASK, BIKER_MASK (if mask clothing has one of these flags, you can hood up)
For more information, just check the code.
- Some hats/masks prevent hooding up even though there wouldn't be any clipping - not much I can do, Rockstar set their restriction tags that way.
- Open parkas seem to get replaced with their closed variation upon hooding up. Tops with this issue are: 185, 189, 212, 303 on mp_m_freemode_01 and 187, 191, 216, 314 on mp_f_freemode_01
- Serverside part of this resource accepts whatever value players send for their new top (there's still a basic bounds check), you might want to figure out a way to secure it.
- Also on GitHub: https://github.com/root-cause/ragemp-hood-up